Introduction to IBPS
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is a central recruitment autonomous body under the ownership of Ministry of Finance, Government of India. It holds examinations for undergraduates, postgraduates and doctorates at the rank of Group ‘A’ officer, Group ‘B’ officer, Group ‘C’ employee and Group ‘D’ employee in nationalized banks and regional rural banks in India.
IBPS Clerk Notification
The official notification for the IBPS 2022 has been published on 30th June 2022 on the official website https://www.ibps.in . Candidates can go through the detailed advertisement of IBPS Clerk 2022 for a better understanding of the eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and other details please go through the official Notification.
IBPS Clerk Important Dates
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|On-line registration including Edit/Modification of Application by candidates||01.07.2022 to 21.07.2022|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges (Online)||01.07.2022 to 21.07.2022|
|Download of call letters for Pre- Exam Training payment||August 2022|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||August 2022|
|Download of call letters for Online examination – Preliminary||August 2022|
|Online Examination – Preliminary||September 2022|
|Result of Online exam – Preliminary||September/ October 2022|
|Download of Call letter for Online exam – Main||September/ October 2022|
|Online Examination – Main||October 2022|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2023|
IBPS Total Vacancies and Vacancies in Karnataka
IBPS has announced 6035 vacancies for Clerk in different 11 public sector banks. IBPS is going to conduct the Clerk exam for the 12th year FY 2022-2023 and hence the name IBPS Clerk CRP XII. There are a total of 358 Vacancies available for Karnataka and here is the split of the Banks which have vacancies in Karnataka.
IBPS Examination Centres in Karnataka
Eligibility Criteria for IBPS Clerk
Nationality / Citizenship: A candidate must be either –
III. Education Qualification:
- a Citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
- Age (As on 01.07.2022): Minimum: 20 years Maximum: 28 years i.e. A candidate must have been born not earlier than 02.07.1994 and not later than 01.07.2002 (both dates inclusive)
|Category||Age-relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (SC/ ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled ExServicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
- A Degree (Graduation) in any discipline from a University recognised by the Govt. Of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online. Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate/Diploma/Degree in computer operations/Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School/College/Institute. Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable. Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above civil examination qualifications should be matriculate Ex-Servicemen who have obtained the Army Special Certificate of Education or corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force after having completed not less than 15 years of service in the Armed Forces of the Union as on 21.07.2022. Such certificates should be dated on or before 21.07.2022. Reservation for Persons with Benchmark Disabilities Under section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for Reservation. The post is identified suitable for the Persons with undernoted categories of disabilities as defined in the Schedule of RPWD Act 2016 and notified by the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities from time to time.
How to Apply online
- Visit the IBPS Official website https://www.ibps.in
- Click on the link “CRP Clerks” and then click on the option “CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- ONLINE FOR CRP- Clerks (CRP-Clerks-XII)” to open the On-Line Application Form. https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/crpcl12jun22/
- Read the instructions carefully before filling the application form.
- Provide the necessary details such as Name, Date of Birth, mail ID, Phone number etc. these details are necessary for the completion of the registration process.
- A provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed.
- Provide the necessary details asked such as Personal and education details.
- Upload the education certificates, colored photograph and signature.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned color passport size photograph should be between 20 KB to 50 KB in size (JGP/JPEG format). The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination. Image dimension of the photograph should be about 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm. Dimensions 200 x 230 pixels (preferred). The photograph should be without a cap, spectacles and the frontal view of the face should be visible. Upload scanned copies of documents/certificates.
- And has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen. Dimensions 140 x 60 pixels (preferred). Size of file should be between 10kb – 20kb & ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 20kb.
- The applicant has to put his left thumb impression on a white paper with black or blue ink. File type: jpg / jpeg. Dimensions: 240 x 240 pixels in 200 DPI (Preferred for required quality) i.e., 3 cm * 3 cm (Width * Height). File Size: 20 KB – 50 KB
- The applicant has to write the declaration in English clearly on a white paper with black ink. File type: jpg / jpeg. Dimensions: 800 x 400 pixels in 200 DPI (Preferred for required quality) i.e. 10 cm * 5 cm (Width * Height). File Size: 50 KB – 100 KB
- (“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”)
- The signature, left thumb impression and the hand written declaration should be of the applicant and not by any other person.
- Signature / Hand written declaration in CAPITAL LETTERS shall NOT be accepted.Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Payable from 01.07.2022 to 21.07.2022 (Online payment), both dates inclusive, shall be as follows – Rs. 175/- (inclusive of GST) for SC/ST/PWBD/EXSM candidates. – Rs. 850 /- (inclusive of GST) for all others
- Mode of Payment
- Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees/ intimation charges through the
- ONLINE mode only.
- Payment of fees/ intimation charges via the ONLINE MODE
- Before submission of the online application, candidates must check through the Preview/ Print option that they have filled correct details in each field of the form.
- Move to the payment page to pay the IBPS clerk application fee.
IBPS Selection & Exam Pattern
There are two stages in the recruitment of IBPS Clerk:
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main examination.
IBPS reserves the right to modify the structure of the examination which will be intimated through its website. Other detailed information regarding the examination will be given in an Information Handout, which will be made available for the candidates to download along with the call letters from the authorised IBPS website www.ibps.in.
- Version of tests (Medium of examination) for CRP CLERKS XII to the State of Karnataka is- English, Hindi, Kannada and Konkani.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Online Preliminary and Online Main Examination)
- Examination Centres
- The examination will be conducted online in venues across many centres in India. The tentative list of Examination centres for the Online Preliminary exams and those for Online Main exams is available in Annexure II.
- No request for change of centre for Examination shall be entertained.
- IBPS, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
- IBPS also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he/she has opted for and a candidate may be allocated a centre of exam outside the State/UT for which vacancies he/she is applying.
- Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his/her own risk and expenses and IBPS will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
- Any unruly behaviour/misbehaviour in the examination hall may result in cancellation of candidature/ disqualification from this exam and also from the future exams conducted by IBPS
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to two decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculations
- Cut-off Score (Online Main examination) Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main Examination and also a minimum total score to be considered for further process. Depending on number of the State/ UT wise vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be considered for provisional allotment. Prior to the completion of provisional allotment process scores obtained in the Online Main Examination will not be shared with the candidates.
Call Letter for Preliminary Exam
Call letter of Online Preliminary Exam will not be collected at the examination venue. However, it will be duly authenticated/ Stamped by the exam centre staff. Candidate will need to retain the call letter (along with authenticated/ stamped copy of the ID proof) safely. However, scribe form (wherever applicable) will be collected during the Online Preliminary Exam. Candidates need to bring one additional photograph (same as pasted by the candidate on call letter) along-with the call letter and other requisite documents as per information provided in the “information handout” and call letter. Candidates reporting without photograph pasted on the call letter or without one additional photograph (same as pasted on call letter) will not be allowed to appear for the exam. (It is advisable that candidate retains about 8 copies of the same photograph which is uploaded at the time of Application as these would be needed for further stages of this selection process.
At the time of Main Exam: Candidates must bring duly authenticated Online Preliminary Exam call letter (with authenticated copy of ID proof) as well as Main Exam call letter at the time of Main Exam. These documents alongwith other requisite documents need to be submitted during the Main Exam. Candidates need to bring one additional photograph (same as pasted by the candidate on call letter) along-with the call letter and other requisite documents as per information provided in the “information handout” and call letter. Candidates reporting without photograph pasted on the call letter or without one additional photograph (same as pasted on call letter) will not be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates who do not bring the authenticated/ stamped call letter of online preliminary examination and authenticated/ stamped photocopy of ID proof at the time of main examination will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
Syllabus for Computer Based Exam :
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting Errors
- Theme Detection
- Phrases and idioms
- Passage completion
- Direct and Indirect speech
- Topic rearrangement of passage
- Word Formation
- Active/ Passive voice
- Deriving Conclusion
- Jumbled Paragraph
- Cloze tests
2. General Intelligence and Reasoning: It will include questions of
non- verbal type. The test will include questions on –
- Word formation
- Statement and conclusions Syllogism
- Statement and assumptions
- Statement and arguments
- Blood Relations
- Passage and conclusions
- Data Sufficiency
- Alphabet test
- Series Test
- Number, Ranking and time sequence
- Direction sense Test
- Decision-making test
- Figure series
- Assertion and reasoning
- Sitting Arrangement
- Series test
- Odd figure Out
- Miscellaneous Test
3. Numerical Aptitude:
It will include questions on problems relating to:
- Ratio and proportion
- Time and work
- Speed, time and Distance
- Distance and time
- Mixture and allegation
- Stocks and shares
- Volume and surface Area
- Bar & Graphs
- Line charts
- Height and Distances
- Permutation and combinations
- Simple and compound interest
- Quadratic Equations, Probability
- Profit, Loss and Discount
- Elements of Algebra
- Data Interpretation
- Pie charts
5. Computer Knowledge:
It will include questions on problems relating to:
- Basics of Hardware and software
- Windows operating system basics
- Internet and associated terms
- Basic Functionalities of MS-Office (MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
- History of computers
- Networking and communication
- Database basics
- Basics of Cyber Hacking, Security Tools, Viruses
- Current affairs related to national and international issues of last 6 months.
- Overview of Indian Financial System.
- History of the Indian banking system.
- Recent credit and monetary policies
- Introduction to National financials.
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies.
- Banking Terms.
- Important Government Schemes on capital & money market.
The IBPS releases the IBPS Clerk Admit Card 10 days before the IBPS Clerk examination. However, the admit card will be released region-wise on the official websites, IBPS Admit Card for Mains will be issued to candidates who have successfully cleared the first phase of the IBPS Clerk Examination.
- The Pay Structure for IBPS Clerk-
- Initial Basic Pay- Rs 19,900 (Minimum Basic Pay) with yearly income of Rs 1000.
- Basic Pay after 3 years- Rs 20,900 with yearly increment of Rs 1230 for the next three years.
- Basic Pay after next 3 years- Rs 24,590 with yearly increment of Rs 1490 for the next four years.
- Basic Pay after next 4 years- Rs 30,550 with yearly increment of Rs 1730 for the next 7 years.
- Basic Pay after next 7 years- Rs 42,600 with yearly increment of Rs 3270 for the next 757320242945one year.
- Basic Pay after next 1 year- Rs 45,930 with yearly increment of Rs 1990 for the next one year.
- Basic Pay after next year- Rs 47,920 (Maximum Basix pay)
IBPS Clerk Declaration of Results:
IBPS prelims is a screening test. Candidates who pass the prelims are entitled to take main examination. Candidate’s performance in the mains exam will be taken into account for final selection. Candidates who are chosen in the final round will be issued appointment letters to join the bank..
The roles and responsibilities of IBPS Clerk:
- Verification of various documents and proofs submitted by the customers.
- To ensure the compliance of KYC for all new account holders.
- Maintaining the various documents, managing cash and gold loans.
- Issuing DD’s. bank accounts for the customers, cash receipts.
- Providing information about schemes, government policies and guidance to customers relating to banking activities.
- Monitoring NPA’s.
- Resolving queries.
- Physical maintenance of all departmental records/ files.
- General cleanliness & upkeep of the posted section/ unit
- Carrying of files & other papers within the department
- Carrying out Xerox, sending of Fax etc.
- Other non-clerical work in the department
- Assisting in routine office work like a diary, dispatch etc., including on computer work
- Delivering of Letters/Documents (outside the building)
- Department watch & ward duties
- Opening & closing of rooms of the building
- Cleaning of Building rooms.
- The dusting of furniture etc.
- Cleaning of building, fixtures etc.
- Work-related to his ITI qualifications, if it exists
- Driving of vehicles, if in possession of a valid driving license
- Upkeep of parks, lawns, potted plants etc.
- Any other work assigned by the superior authority.
IBPS Clerk: Document Verification
- List of important documents that the candidates must carry in the final stage of IBPS Clerk selection process-
- Photo identity proof.
- Date of birth proof.
- Graduation/ post-graduation certificate.
- Mark sheet.
- NOC from HoD for candidates working in Government Department or Public sector undertaking.
- Experience certificate.
- Caste certificate.
- Income certificate.